Sunday, February 12, 2006

Electric Bill Blues


It looks like I'll have to get a paper route to keep myself in Chanel. My electricity bill is an astonishing $246.19, and that amount even includes a $20 monthly credit I enjoy for the solar panel on the roof which provides hot water for the house. The bill for the same this time last year was just over $100.

I guess my plan to pay an extra $10 each month for clean renewable energy sources will have to wait until I can afford it without having to turn to a life of crime to pay for it. Too bad.

I better go turn some lights off.

Image courtesty of Jimmy Margulies

3 comments:

Ben Heller said...

Jay,
You're gonna have to stop wandering around the house in your tennis shorts, and buy some sweaters.

Gene said...

Jay,
You and Gregg are always welcome to come to my place to get some HEAT!
-Gene

Jacquie said...

Good for you about using some solar energy! They should credit people more for that...