Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Purple Heart recipient goes to Canada

I don't wanna be drunk and on drugs pissing away my life waiting to die in my room like many other Iraq Vets are doing.--Darrell Anderson

Here's a guy who got hit by a roadside bomb early in the Iraq Occupation, comes back to the States to recover, gets a Purple Heart, gets orders back to Iraq........

Only his family drives him north of the border where he applies for refugee status. You must check out this guy's story. Not only is he real juicy eye candy, but he has a provocative and thoughtful message as well.

Some folks will view what Darrell Anderson has done as a noble act of courage. Others will view him as a coward or a traitor. Either way, one thing is clear. Darell Anderson is a man of principle. Which is more than I can say for the men (Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld) who sent him to Iraq to do their dirty work.

4 comments:

KarmaCake said...

OMG
That's all I have to say.
That is so disgusting the way that the government just hands over the lives of their own people AND they expect undying loyalty!!

Ridiculous.

And, we all know how well this scene turned out when other countries did it an implanted puppet regimes in the past.

But, I forgot, it HAS to be different because it's the US doing this!!

Silly me.

Anonymous said...

I watched the interview. Wow.

I love how Darrell personalized everything, like how would Americans feel if Cuba occupied the US. Wouldn't we plant roadside bombs, too if that was our only recourse? Wouldn't we be filled with anger and "insurgency" if those soldiers in Hummers killed a few family members of ours.

And then the supreme irony that he may potentially be deported and go to jail with killers because he refuses to kill.

And yet he did enlist, and soldiers do kill -- it's their job. Whether the war is right or wrong, he did essentially desert.

So I can't be certain what I think -- I just wish him the best no matter what happens next.

Anonymous said...

He deserves the purple heart for sure. ESPECIALLY now since he is willing to fight for his beliefs. Right on!

Onanite

jay lassiter said...

definitely there is a lot of grey area on this one.
but he sounds like a really nice, thoughtful guy.