Sunday, April 30, 2006

Power to the People! (more pics from the March for Peace)

More shots from yesterday's March for Peace, Justice and Democracy....


I just can't get over the look on my face in this top shot. Can you tell from the smirk that I am feeling the wind and my back? What a feeling! This second pic was of me and my new friend Janette from Brooklyn. By the middle of the march Monique (see bottom pic) and I had adopted her as the 3rd member of our troika. It was that kind of day. Whoever you happened to be standing next to was your friend. Monique is a bigger media whore than I am. Her firebrand method of activism works because she's the real deal. And since she always has a camera, I always seem to have an archivist. Whereever I go to fight the good fight--NYC, Philly, Washington --I know I'll find her. She'll be the one wearing the funny and provocative hat!

6 comments:

Stalin the Shark said...

Hey Jay,

very cool blog. Nice work for the good fight.

:-), StS

REENEE said...

Making new friends always feels good, doesn't it? And making them while doing something meaningful and important, that's even better. :-)

Mark Spittle said...

Wait a minute. You totally photoshopped that. You never even WENT to NY. You stayed at home in your fancy New Jersey estate and had one of your butlers photograph you in front of a green sheet (high thread count silk blend) and then paid your on-staff graphic design team plug you into that shot. Faker.

jay lassiter said...

yeah, i hear ya mark.
The shot is real. I don't have enough technical prowess to make it that perfect.
it's almost too good, huh>

Moonbeam said...

Oh I do so wish that I could have gone to this march!! I unfortunately have finals to anticipate and was unable to do so :-(
Those are LOVELY pics, Jay.

Orchidmaniac said...

What? No full frontal??? I'm disappointed ;-)

Great job covering the march. Glad to see you're recovering.