Monday, August 21, 2006

My Congressional District and Candidate on Colbert Report this Thursday!

Rich Sexton isn’t afraid of a challenge and he proved it by going toe-to-toe with the biting satire of Steven Colbert.

NJ-3 will be featured on the Colbert Report's "Better Know a District" series this Thursday, which includes a sit-down with Democrat candidate Rich Sexton.

Rich has done a podcast interview here on my blog and I know him pretty well. We even had a BBQ/fundraiser for his campaign here at the house in June and raised over $2000!

"I’m excited for the opportunity to connect with young people,” said Rich Sexton about his appearance. Over 40% of The Colbert Report’s audience is between the ages of 18-24. “My kids watch the show,” Mr. Sexton said, “and they helped me to get ready. My daughter gave me one piece of advice – Don’t be funny. She’ll be glad to see I wasn’t.”

The segment will be airing this Thursday, August 24 at 11:30PM.

Rumor has it, Rich gives the "interview of his career" which will be good to watch. One thing is for sure, this is bringing some much needed attention to this race and our district.

(Photo from left: Sexton staffer J.R. Cohen, Colbert, Rich's son Drew, Rich)


Wanna help trade in GOP lapdog incumbent Jim Saxton for a Democrat? Why not make a $5 contribution to the campaign?

No comments: