Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Gas and hot air


I just filled up my tank and it set me back an eyepopping $52. The government's policies continue to fail me. I wonder how rich you have to be to benefit from George Bush's priorites?

Gas in Cherry Hill, NJ went for $3.29 a gallon this morning. I do take some solace that here in the Garden State we pay self-service prices for full-service treatment. So at least I don't actually have to pump it myself.

I can't wait 'til my foot heels and I can just take my bike wherever I need to go. Until then, I continue to drive like an old lady to stretch my gas doller. I get about 23 miles to the gallon which is not great, but better than average. What's your miles-per-gallon ratio??

Who knows, maybe there will be a silver lining to all this. If gas (and energy) prices continue on their meteoric rise, folks will have to adopt more sustainable consumption patterns. And that would be a good thing.

No comments: