Wednesday, November 29, 2006

One Year Blog-0-versary

Looks like a milestone was passed during my time of relative hibernation from the blog. Lassiter Space passed the one year mark the day before yesterday. It's pretty cool if you think about it, the ride has been a good one. Being a part of the blogosphere here and over on BlueJersey has not only helped me find my voice, it's also amplified it considerably.

I started my blog at a tough point in my life, after a second achilles rupture. The recovery was mind-numbingly slow. So there I was, incapacitated with lots of time on my hands and voila the blog was born. Hard to believe it's been a whole year.

Also hard to believe I would be interviewing Senators and Congressmen but, yeah, that happened too. Probably the coolest scoop I got was with Kirk Bloodsworth, who was the first American to ever be exonerated from death row with DNA evidence. I have been fighting for an abolishment to the death penalty for as long as I can remember, and this guys story of strength and forgiveness is very special indeed.

It just feel good to have a cozy space in the blogoshere, especially as the blogs take on increasing importance in the political landscape.

1 comment:

baster said...

I think even though five eyewitnesses had placed him with the victim, he continued to maintain his innocence throughout his trial and subsequent incarceration buying essays, research papers