Wednesday, October 11, 2006

You're either in or you're out!

I got home from the lousiest day on the job in ages and there was a message from my partner Greg on my cell phone.

"Check your email" he told me, "It'll cheer you up."

He was right. There was a note with a few pics of Greg and Jay Mc Carroll, the winning designer from Project Runway's first season. I don't know about you guys, but I love Project Runway and I had Jay pegged to win the big finale (and the $100,000 first prize) from the first show. He didn't disappoint. By the way, I am obsessed with this TV show.

Greg is a designer as well, and he keeps himself busy creating all the oppressively hip and cool housewares stuff that you see at Urban Outfitters. Jay was in town meeting with some of Greg's colleagues doing whatever it is creative people do. Sometimes i see how immersed I have become in the NJ political scene (and it is a scene) that I lament that I didn't follow a more creative path. If I had a choice to hang out with witty fashionistas or, say, the Governor it would be a pretty easy decision.

I guess Greg and I have some professional commonground at least. With fashion--much like politics-- one day you're in, and the next you're out.

P.s. does anyone know if tonite is Project Runway's (third) season finale? or is it next week?

No comments: